Shower Oil For Pregnancy & After Birth
Gently cleanses, nourishes and calms stretched and stressed skin in expecting and breastfeeding mothers
- Combined action of 5 gentle cleansers, including natural coconut-based actives, to provide a milder approach than one concentrated cleanser
- Carefully blended with ingredients at levels suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women’s skin
- Designed for skin that is stressed and tight, leaving a smooth, hydrated finished after rinsing, perfect for expectant mothers, especially during the last few months before delivery
- Protects against dryness, thoroughly cleansing but also provides the nourishing power of 6 botanical oils to restore skin smoothness, even after towel drying
- A rich, hypoallergenic cleanser formulated to soothe, calm and hydrate delicate & sensitive skin
- Skin-Safe formulation: certified by clinical testing for dermal sensitivity
- Family/user-friendly, recyclable, pump bottles
Vitis vinifera Seed Oil, Laureth-4 & MIPA Laureth Sulfate & Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Laureth-4 & MIPA Laureth Sulfate & Cocamide DEA, Olea europea Fruit Oil, Cocamide MEA, Gentoil® blend [Calendula officinalis Oil, Simmondsia chinensis Seed Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis Oil], Helianthus annuus Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum, Glyceryl Oleate, Tocopherol.
- Grape seed oil – with antioxidant polyphenols that protect damaged and recovering skin, and used previously for the topical relief of foot swelling during pregnancy (Navaee, 2020)
- Olive oil – a natural source of polyunsaturated oils that deeply moisturize skin, and which has been used as a massage remedy to reduce the severity and prevent the progression of stretch marks (Kirca, 2022)
- Sunflower oil – rich in monounsaturated oils and vitamin E, it provides additional protection against skin irritation and damage to the skin barrier during pregnancy (Sullivan, 2017)
- Gentoil blend: our own proprietary botanical blend that helps to cleanse, disinfect, moisturize and deodorize stressed skin (see infographic)
The composition of our products may be updated periodically. For the most current ingredient information, we advise checking the ingredient list on the product packaging that you receive, which will always reflect the latest updates.
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Mineral oils
- Skin prone to dryness, roughness, irritation, strain, or stretch marks, such as during and after pregnancy
- Delicate skin
- Sensitive skin
- Aging skin
Clinical report on skin safety
Little Étoile Mother’s Care Shower Oil has been shown as safe for sensitive skin in a study conducted by an accredited dermatology clinic on 54 Australian subjects. It showed no signs of skin irritation (score of 0/4 on a skin irritation scale) after contact with upper arm skin over 24 hrs, compared to distilled water.
- Ozderm Pty Ltd. 20230914, protocol MBC01, pp1-23.
GentoilTM blend: a custom botanical mix incorporating oils from our own Rosemary and Calendula sources, with Jojoba, for a smooth, protective and moisturized finish.
- Jojoba Oil
- Used since ancient times as part of skin repair therapies, famous for its ability to smooth skin
- Protects against moisture loss and penetrate to repair the deeper layers (Gad, 2011)
- Shown to reduce skin inflammation, such as minor lesions and acne (Meier, 2012) and accelerate wound healing rates (Ranzato, 2011)
- Calendula oil
- A relaxing, aromatic and soothing conditioning oil that has anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties (Giostri, 2022), and helps control redness
- Also an effective antibacterial agent (Herman, 2013), with added antifungal effects against Candida (Saffari, 2017)
- Rosemary oil
- A highly fragrant and disinfecting oil, containing a range of antioxidants and polyphenols that help to tone, protect and minimize age-related changes in skin (Pomi, 2023)
- One of the main components is rosmarinic acid, providing anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-allergy benefits (Alagawany, 2017)